This sauce is the closest you’ll get to a Chinese fakeaway. I served mine with tempeh and vegetables, but it also works well with tofu!
- 150ml pineapple juice (from the tin is best)
- 100g light brown sugar
- 50ml rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsp water
- Place all ingredients apart from the cornstarch in a pan. Stir and bring to a boil
- Once boiling, reduce to simmer and stir in the cornstarch-water mixture
- Allow to cool then store in a jar in the fridge
Notes: to use, fry your vegetables/tempeh then stir in the sauce during the last 2 minutes. Enjoy!