• Cooked rice (about 200g, ideally 1 day old)
• 2 tbsp oil
• 1 onion, diced
• 4 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 tsp ginger paste
• 1 knob of butter/spread
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 2 tbsp vegan fish sauce (often mushroom based)
• As many of your favourite vegetables you want: carrots, tinned sweetcorn, peas, peppers, spring onions
• Salt and black pepper
1. Heat the oil in the pan and add the onions. Cook for a few minutes until they begin to brown then add the garlic and ginger. Cook until fragrant.
2. Add the veggies of your choice and continue to fry until they are cooked. I like to make sure my sweetcorn is a little charred around the edges!
3. Add in your rice along with the soy sauce, fish sauce, butter and lots of black pepper. Stir fry until everything is well combined and the rice is heated through. (If you like it a little sweeter, add a tsp of sugar, if you like it spicier, add a tsp of chilli flakes. Or add both)
4. Serve up and enjoy!!