- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 courgette, chopped
- 3 peppers, chopped (I used red, yellow and green)
- 2 red onions, quartered
- 5 small carrots (2 large), chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 200g raw red lentils
- 750ml-1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 block of halloumi cheese
- Parsley and olives to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius
- Chop the veg and place in a baking tray. Drizzle over the olive oil and sprinkle over the salt and use your hands to make sure all the veg is coated. Note: you may need to use 2 baking trays. When you roast veg it’s best that they are not overlapping and are placed in one flat layer.
- Roast the vegetables for 30 minutes. When this is done you can either take the vegetables out and put them into a ovenproof dish, or if your baking tray is deep enough, you can keep everything in there
- Sprinkle over the red lentils and add the vegetable stock. Give everything a stir then bake again for another half an hour
- 10 minutes before your veg is due to be ready, cook the halloumi in a griddle pan. Remove the vegetables from the oven and place the halloumi on top. Enjoy with crusty bread!