This is a newer version of my recipe last year that’s even more gingery and delicious! Gingerbread always reminds me of Christmas and is something I only tend to eat during this time of year. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did!
- 65g vegan butter (softened)
- 50g coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 160g spelt (or plain) flour
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the oven to 180c and lay out some baking paper on a baking tray
- Cream together the butter and sugar then stir in the flax egg and molasses
- In a separate bowl, sift in the flour then add the spices and bicarbonate of soda.
- Add the butter mixture to the flour mixture and combine to form a dough
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and roll out to about 1/2 a centimetre thick. Cut your gingerbread men with a cookie cutter and place on the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes (until they begin to brown) then leave to cool completely before decorating.