This is a vegan twist on a classic dish. I highly recommend using the vivera bacon pieces over any other brands as the flavour works perfectly!
- 200g wholewheat pasta
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pack of vivavivera bacon pieces
- 150ml vegan cream
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 handful of grated vegan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Begin by cooking the pasta according to packet instructions.
- To defrost the peas, pour over boiling water and set aside
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes, stirring regularly
- Add in the bacon pieces and turn up the heat slightly. Fry for a further 5 minutes
- Add the peas, vegan cream and nutritional yeast. Bring to a boil then lower the temperature and stir in the pasta. Add the cheese and stir through until melted. Add lots of black pepper and enjoy!