This pasta is easy to whip up and the sauce stores well in a jar in the fridge! It makes a quick, easy weekday meal and you can pack with all the veggies you like!
- 2 sweet red peppers
- Spray oil
- 150g pasta (I used red lentil penne)
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 100ml cashew milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (10g)
- 200g courgette, chopped
- 200g spinach
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 180c and spray the peppers with a little oil. Roast for 20-30 minutes until soft, flipping half way
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions
- In the meantime, fry the onions and garlic in a little spray oil until soft then transfer to a blender. In the same pan, spray a little bit more oil then sautés the courgettes for 2 minutes, then add the spinach and cook until wilted. Set aside
- Once peppers are cooked, add to the blender with the onions & garlic, then add the cashew milk & nutritional yeast and blitz until smooth
- Combine the cooked pasta, pasta sauce, courgette & spinach then serve with salt & pepper to taste. I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!