Looking for a quick and easy salad that’s packed with flavour…? Look no further! This salad features a combination of flavours that are to die for. The smoked tomatoes, sweet pomegranate, sour lemon juice and slightly spicy rose harissa infused tofu complement eachother like a dreammmm that you’ll never want to wake up from. You can also prep this for a tasty weekday lunch, no microwave needed!
- 35g dry quinoa
- 140g firm tofu
- 1 tsp rose harissa paste (belazu)
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 5 smokey tomatoes (30g – you can also use sundried)
- 1 small handful parsley, chopped
- 60g lambs lettuce
- 30g pomegranate
- 1/4 chilli, thinly sliced
- Cook quinoa according to packet instructions
- In the meantime, cut the tofu into chunks and toss in the harissa paste, garlic and half of the lemon juice
- Over a medium heat, add the tofu to the pan and shake occasionally for about 10 minutes, making sure it doesn’t burn (optional, you can fry for 5 minutes then transfer to a baking tray and bake for 10 instead – I prefer this method as I love baked tofu)
- Once quinoa has cooked, stir in the remaining lemon juice, smokey tomatoes and parsley
- Place the lambs lettuce on a plate, then top with the quinoa and tofu chunks. Sprinkle over some pomegranate seeds and chilli and enjoy!