I’ve started this new thing recently where I aim to eat at least 30 different plant varieties a week. That includes rice, seeds, oats, fruit, veg.. and well, anything that comes from a plant. This recipe is a great one to add variety, in terms of both plants and colour. It also tastes incredible, requires little skill and keeps you full for long too!
- 90g quinoa
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 150g frozen broad beans
- 150g frozen green beans
- 1 tin sweetcorn (265g drained weight)
- 1 tin black beans (235g drained weight)
- 1 pepper (red/yellow/orange), finely diced
- 1/2 red chilli, chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 handful corriander, chopped
- Cook quinoa with the stock cube, according to packet instructions and set aside once done
- In the meantime, empty the frozen broad beans, green beans and sweetcorn into a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 5 minutes and chop the vegetables in the meantime
- Drain off the water, then add the black peans, pepper, red chilli, cherry tomatoes, red onion, avocado and coriander to the bowl. Once the quinoa is cooked, add this in too. Stir well to combine then enjoy!