Cheese stuffed burgers that are also vegan? Sounds too good to be true, right? Well this is where I prove you wrong. This recipe is a solid favourite of mine and is surprisingly easy to whip up. You can serve it with my sweet potato fries or salsa salad. Delicious!
Serves: 2 (4 patties)
- 300g meatless mince
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp italian herbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 4 tsp bread crumbs (I used panko)
- 1 small handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh chilli
- 2 inch by 1 inch piece of vegan cheese, sliced into 4 (I cut it horizontally like I was cutting open a bagel, then down the middle like I was cutting a piece of toast if that makes sense!)
- Preheat the grill to medium
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and divide mixture into 8
- Roll into small ball then flatten down
- Add cheese to 4 of them, then top each with the remaining mixture, making sure the cheese is sealed in and using your hands to create a patty shape
- Place under the grill for 5 minutes, then flip over for another 5 minutes
- Then bake in the oven for 5 more minutes (180) just to make sure the cheese is nice and melty inside!
- Serve with sweet potato fries, a salsa salad or in burger buns!