Happy new year everyone! This is officially my first blog post of 2019 which is very exciting. I hope this year is a great one for you, full of growth, happiness and success. I aim to keep bringing you recipes that I love and that make eating plant-based that little bit easier.
This tomato and pea pasta was whipped up quickly after my gym session, meaning it’ll be easy for you to make too! I’m a sucker for a creamy pasta and love creating different variations at home. I have plenty more pastas on my blog such as this Creamy Pesto Mushroom & Spinach Gnocchi or this Creamy Mushroom Spaghetti.
- 2 medium tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 100g pasta
- 40g vegan cream cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1/2 red chilli, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Heat oven to 180c and place tomatoes on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil then season with a little bit of salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes
- Cook pasta according to instructions. Once done, drain and set aside
- Remove tomatoes from oven and place in the blender, along with the cream cheese, garlic, chilli, tomato paste and some salt and pepper. Blitz until a smooth sauce is formed. Optional: add water if the sauce is too thick (1-2 tbsp)
- Over a medium heat, sautée the peas and spinach (I didn’t use oil for this). Once they are cooked and soft, add the sauce and stir through. Finally, add the pasta, sprinkle with parsley and serve!