You can use whatever root vegetables you have for this salad; carrots, turnip, swede or beetroots plus sweet potato too! It is hearty, healthy and a great way enjoy your vegetables over the chilly winter months!
- 1/2 a kohlrabi, cut into chunks
- 1/4 a squash, cut into chunks
- 2 parsnips, sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Nude spice & all seasoning
- 2 red onions, quartered
- 3 large spring greens leaves, cut into shreds (can also sub for kale)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Line 2 baking trays and place the kohlrabi, squash and parsnips on them, making sure they are spread out and not overlapping
- Combine olive oil and seasoning in a small bowl then sprinkle over the vegetables, making sure they are evenly coated
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, adding the onion for the final 10 minutes
- In the meantime, steam the spring greens for 5 minutes to cook and set aside
- Spoon the greens onto a plate, then top with the roasted vegetables and a little salt. Sprinke over the pumpkin seeds and enjoy!