If you have a little extra time in the mornings to caramelise some pears with your oats, do it! I always find that when I have a comforting, filling and delicious first meal of the day, I snack less during the day and make healthier choices. I also have a massive sweet tooth, so starting my day with something sweet means I get to satisfy that craving before it takes over me and I end up eating 10x more chocolate than I need to!
For the caramelised pear:
- 1 pear
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (honey or agave will also work
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Cut the pear in half and scoop out 1 tsp of the centre. Drizzle over the maple syrup, then sprinkle over the cinnamon and bake for 20 minutes
For the oats:
- 60g oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 200ml barebells vanilla milkshake
- Toppings: Salted caramel yoghurt (1.5 tbsp), 3 chopped walnuts chopped, 1 tbsp mixed seeds
- Add the oats, chia seeds and milkshake to a pan and heat over a medium heat
- When the oats begin to bubble, turn the heat down and stir for a further minute. Add extra water if you prefer your oats thinner, if not, pour into a bowl, top with the caramelised pears, yoghurt, seeds and nuts and enjoy!