I had a few new and unique veggies in my OddBox this week so decided to roast them to make this delicious warm comforting puy lentil salad. I love roasting root vegetables, and it is such a great way to get your veggies in during winter. Sprinkle over a little feta and you’re good to go!
I used a variety of veggies that you may not have at home, but feel free so swap for other veggies such as courgette, peppers, aubergine etc!
- 1/2 cup puy lentils, cooked according to packet instructions
- 1 carrot, sliced then quartered
- 1/4 a butternut squash, diced
- 1/2 a kohlrabi, diced
- 1 red chicory
- 2 parsnips
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp italian herbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 beetroot, diced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 180c and prepare a baking tray lined with foil or baking paper
- Place carrots, squash, kohlrabi, chicory and parsnips on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil
- Sprinkle paprika over all the veg apart from the parsnips, then italian herbs over everything. Carefully pour the maple syrup over the parsnips
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes, in the meantime prepare the puy lentils
- After 30 minutes, add the beetroot and tomatoes for another 15 minutes
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 10 mins then mix in with puy lentils and serve
* I enjoy this meal at room temperature with a little violife feta sprinkled over – this makes it great for meal prep too as it doesn’t require reheating!