If you don’t fancy buying shop bought lemon curd, or are looking for an easy yet TASTY vegan alternative, this recipe is perfect. I ate half of it straight from the pan and I have absolutely no regrets.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tbsp creamed coconut
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1/2 a lemon
- Pinch of tumeric (for colour)
- 2.5 tbsp cornflour mixed with 6 tbsp water
- In a small pan, combine the water with the creamed coconut and whisk together. Bring to a boil then turn down and simmer
- Add granulated sugar, whisk until combined then add lemon juice, zest and tumeric
- Then slowly add in the cornflour and water mixture, whisking constantly
- Keep whisking over the heat 2-3 minutes, then remove from heat and transfer to a container
- Allow to cool then store in fridge for up to 1 week!