I had a rather large caulliflower knockin’ around the other day so decided to make some gnocchi dough out of it (recipe to come!). This sauce is one of the things I decided to pair with the gnocchi and it is dreamy! Give it a go and let me know what ya think!
- Spray oil
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 15 cashews (ideally soaked for at least 3 hours or overnight – or you can use cashew milk!)
- 1/2 cup plant milk – I used oat!
- 1 tsp vegan pesto (sub for normal pesto)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Pinch of salt
- 15 mushooms, sliced
- 150g spinach
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- Black pepper
- Pasta of your choice (approx 500g pack of gnocchi)
- In a pan with some spray oil, sautee the onion and 1 tsp of garlic over a medium heat for about 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and add the onions and garlic to a blender, along with the cashews, oat milk, pesto, tahini, nutrtitional yeast and salt
- Blitz until a sauce forms and set aside
- In the same pan, heat a little more oil and add the mushrooms and remaining garlic
- Sautee until the mushrooms begin to shrink, then add in the spinach – if the pan becomes watery, turn up the heat and continue to stir (so it doesn’t burn) until the liquid evaporates away
- Turn off the heat, add the sauce and mix through, then add the pasta, sprinkle over the pine nuts and a little black pepper and enjoy!