As we are approaching Christmas season, I’m going to be using lots of festive flavours such as cinnamon, orange, nutmeg and ginger in my baking. I’m really trying to work on creating simple, tasty and healthy recipes that everyone can make at home! These require no flour, contain no dairy, eggs and can even be eaten raw! What’s not to love?
Serves: Approx 8 cookies
- 3/4 cup of oats
- 2 scoops ginger biscuit protein powder
- 1 inch thumb ginger, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp plant-milk (I used hazelnut)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
- Chocolate spread of your choice & any other toppings you wish
- Preheate oven to 180c and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- In a blender, combine all ingredients until you have a cookie dough consistency
- Divide into 8 equal piece and shape into balls. Arrange on a tray and flatten into round disks
- Press down in the centre using your thumb to create the ‘thumbprint’
- You can either eat them raw and fill with your chocolate spread now, or bake for 10 minutes, then cool for 20 minutes and fill
- Top with any additional toppings you wish
- Can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days, enjoy!