I’ve created this recipe for World Vegan Month using The Groovy Food Co’s organic creamed coconut. This is quick, easy, creamy and delicious!
- 100g risotto rice
- 70g The Groovy Food Co organic creamed coconut
- 180ml hot water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 tbsp The Groovy Food Co rich and dark agave nectar
- 2 tsp dessicated coconut
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- 90ml water
- Optional: nuts, toasted coconut flakes, dessicated coconut
- In a measuring jug, combine 70g of the creamed coconut with 180ml hot water
- Heat a large pan and add the risotto rice, along with 1/4 of the coconut cream
- Stir for a few minutes, allowing the rice to absorb the liquid, then add another 1/4 of the coconut cream
- Continue to do this 2 more times until you have used all of the coconut cream, then add the vanilla extract, agave nectar, dessicated coconut, lime juice and half of the lime zest to the pan. Stir well to make sure everything is combined.
- Now, add in the remaining water, again bit by bit, until the rice pudding is a consistency you like (I like it quite thick and not too runny, so I only added 90ml)
- Serve up into little pots and sprinkle over the remaining lime zest and any other optional toppings and enjoy!