I felt like a genuis when I made these. Not only are they PROTEIN muffins, but the extra stuffing… woooaaahhh. Also a great way to use up brown bananas! If you don’t want to add the peanut butter, they are amazing as they are (I made half a batch plain)… and you can always cut them in half and spread over some PB when you want to eat them! They make a great breakfast on the go, pre or post workout snack… or just a snack if you’re feeling peckish! Give them a go but be prepared to be blown away.
Serves: Approx 16 cakes
Firstly, if you want to include the stuffing you will need to make these here & pre-freeze them!
- 200g (approx 2) bananas
- 60g GoNutrition unflavoured whey protein powder – this
- 60g buckwheat flour
- 30g light muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg (flax or regular)
- 1.5 tbsp GoNutrition peanut butter powder – I use this one
- 50g GoNutrition dark chocolate callets – these
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cashew milk
- Preheat oven to 180c
- In a blender, add all ingredients but chocolate callets and whizz up
- In a muffin tin, line with cupcake cases and scoop 1 tbsp of mix into each
- If adding the peanut butter filling, add it now. If not, sprinkle a few callets into each case
- Top each one with remaining cake mix making sure it is evenly distributed
- Sprinkle over remaining chocolate
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes at least then tuck in!
- Store in fridge for up to 1 week