If I had to pick one thing for you to make on my blog, it would be these! I have no idea how they turned out so similar to regular chicken nuggets but I’m pretty sure if you fed these to a meat eater they wouldn’t know it’s tofu. Please please please give these a go. Try serving with my sweet potato fries and minty peas for the ultimate veggie feast!
- 1 block tofu (396g packet)
- 2.5 tbsp cornflour
- 5 tbsp water
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp italian herbs
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
40g planko breadcrumbs
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Remove tofu from packet & wrap in kitchen roll. Place between 2 chopping boards and place a heavy book on top. Leave it for at least an hour (the longer the better!)
- Gently tear apart the tofu to create the nuggets. Put in a tupperware and refrigerate whilst preparing the batter.
- In a small bowl, combine cornflour, water and garlic powder
- In another bowl, combine herbs, oregano, salt, nutrutional yeast and breadcrumbs
- Remove tofu from fridge
- Heat 1/2 of the coconut oil in a large frying pan
- In the meantime, dip tofu into cornflour then breadcrumb mixture, then place on the pan
- Repeat with all of the tofu. Once it is all in the pan, give it a shake making sure the pieces flip sides a little, and add the remaining coconut oil
- Fry until golden brown all over
- Serve up and enjoy with some minty peas and sweet potato fries (recipe on my instagram!)
- You can make these in advance and reheat these in the oven for 15 minutes – they reheat very well!