Sooo I am officially obsessed with pink oats! Not only are they pretty, but the pink colour comes from beetroot – so you’re getting in some extra goodness too! The best thing is that the protein powder used in this is enough to add plenty of flavour and creaminess, so additional sweetners or milk isn’t needed! Top with whatever pretty toppings you wish and dig in. The perfect breakfast for a dark and gloomy morning.
- 50g oats (I use mornflake jumbo)
- 1/2 a beetroot, grated
- 2 tbsp beetroot juice
- 300ml water (more or less depending on the consistency you like!)
- 1 scoop strawberry cheesecake protein
- Toppings: fresh/frozen strawberries, 1 tsp almond butter, cocoa nibs, chocolate jazzies
- In a pan, combine oats, beetroot & juice, water and protein powder and bring to a boil, stirring regularly for about 3-5 minutes
- Once it is the consistency you like (leave longer if you like your oats thicker, or add extra water if you like them a bit thinner) remove from the heat
- Pour into a bowl and top with whatever toppings you fancy (I suggest strawberries & chocolate)!