It’s still fig season here in the UK so I’ve been making sure I buy loads while they’re still good. Did you know the BBC have a seasonality chart on their site so you can easily check what is in season, you can find it here!
Nutritional information can be found here
- 65g oats
- 60g carrot, crated
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- 1.5 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop protein powder (optional)
- Water (around 300g depending on how thick/runny you want it)
- Toppings: 1 fig, 1.5 tsp nut butter, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a large pan and heat on a medium heat
- Stir regularly until it starts to bubble – add any water if it is too thick at this point!
- Once bubbling, remove from the heat and pour into a bowl
- Top with chosen toppings, crawl back into bed and enjoy!