So I’ve posted a garlic mushroom recipe previously, however this one is different as you will soon find out! Mushrooms are one of my favourite vegetables and I love how versetile they are. They go with rice, pizza, pasta, eggs, toast, noodles, pancakes… EVERYTHING!
- 250g chestnut mushrooms (I used organic as I am trying to gear towards organic produce nowadays), sliced into 2-3 pieces
- 1 tsp chopped garlic (or more if you wish!)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the oil spray in a non stick pan on a medium heat
- Add the garlic and sautee for approx 1 minute
- Add the mushrooms and stir constantly for a further minute
- Now, cover the pan and leave to cook for 5 minutes
- When the time is up, there should be quite a bit of liquid at the bottom of the pan. Drain this off, give the mushrooms a stir and cover again for a further 3-4 minutes
- Add the parsley, salt and pepper, and stir uncovered for a further 2 minutes
- Remove from heat and serve with whatever your heart desires! These would go well on toast, in pasta (which is what I did!), as a brunch side or can even be eaten alone they are that good!