This is one of my FAVOURITE salads to date. Many people are put off at the thought of fruits in salads & mixing fruit and veg in general, but PLEASE take my word that the salty halloumi goes so well with the sweet strawberries and slightly tangy dressing. Don’t knock it ’til you try it!
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 handful of rocket
- Half a block of halloumi cheese (approx 100-120g)
- 5 strawberries
- 1/2 an avocado
- 3 chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp truffle honey (any honey will do but this is the one I use and trust me it’s incredible)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Set a griddle pan to a medium heat and cook the halloumi for approx 4 minutes on each side
- Assemble the spinach, rocket, strawberries & avocado in a salad bowl or on a large plate
- Add the halloumi once cooked and sprinkle over the chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, combine the truffle honey and balsamic vinegar, then pour over the salad
- Eat and enjoy!