In the past I haven’t been a huge fan of cauliflower. It isn’t usually one of my go-to vegetables and I can think of many other things I would pick up in the supermarket before this. But when I went to Morocco I ordered the most AMAZING roasted cauliflower and couscous dish, so obviously I had to try and recreate it. It stores well and is even better at room temp so is a perfect meal prep option. Try serving with a roast veg cous cous and my kale slaw!
- 1 cauliflower head, quartered (I know it is sliced in the picture but when I remade this I found it crumbled less and was much juicier quartered!)
- 1 tbsp harissa pasta
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ras el hanout
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Then you have the option of adding 1/2 tsp turmeric and/or 1 tsp paprika and 1/2 tsp hot chilli powder. I found adding the 2 later and omiting the turmeric was delish
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Line a baking tray with foil, sprayed with non-stick cooking oil and preheat the oven to 180c
- Chop the cauliflower and set aside in a large bowl
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a small bowl to make a marinade, and pour over the cauliflower
- Gently toss the cauliflower in the marinade, making sure it;s all coated
- Leave aside for 10-15 mins to soak up the flavours
- Place on the baking tray, pouring over any marinate that’s left at the bottom of the bowl
- Bake for 20-25 mins, turning half way
- Plate up with any sides of your choice & enjoy!